Things to do
Letskraal will provide an interval of rest, an opportunity to interact without the distractions of technology – time to reflect.
Slow down to enjoy photography, walking, cycling, swimming, birding, cooking and baking – foodies have given us favourable reports about the well equipped kitchen at Letskraal.
The farm is central to scenic drives in all directions.
Enjoy the moon, and in its absence, listen to the stars twinkle – Stargazing!
Letskraal is well situated for excursions to:
- Graaff-Reinet (60km) – beautiful architecture, exceptional museums, galleries and eateries.
- Do not miss the breathtaking views at the Valley of Desolation and the Camdeboo National Park.
- Hot Air ballooning: 082 462 3523
- Helicopter flips: www.flykaroo.co.za
- Nieu Bethesda (50km) – a quaint village in the Sneeuberg known for its Owl House, galleries and interesting eateries.
- Mountain Zebra National Park (110km)
Comments by guests
"I am writing in my wagon at the place of Andries Pretorius - it is a fine sheep farm and the pen in which they are folded is made of stones"
Dr. Mackrill, 1816, Somerset-East
"Comforable quarters on a farm which is a very beautiful one and once belonged to the rebel Pretorius"
Bishop Robert Grey, October 1850, Cape Town
"Letskraal, enters our top 5 best travel experiences. After all, travel isn’t all about 5 star hotels, its about 5 star experiences. The Karoo is one such experience, in particular Letskraal."
David Beaumont, Twickenham, UK
"The place is breathtaking – food for the soul and a profound lesson in the importance of history and engaging the ancestors. "
John and Denise Battersby, London, UK
"All is good, real and appropriate. The house lacks for no comfort and contains no unnecessaries. The impression one has is that the 20th century came and went leaving no trace. How wonderful! How harmonious!"
Mike and Jenni Thomson, Wynberg